- Consultations with our neurologist Dr Manny Orelowitz, as well as a neurological examination
- X-rays where necessary - sinus, neck, cephalometric analysis (according to Rocabado), TM joint (jaw), orthopantomogram (jaws and teeth)
- Electromyography and other diagnostics which are indicated medically necessary
- Specialist nursing-sister consultations
- Emergency pain relief
- Consultations with South African Headache Society Chairman Dr Elliot Shevel (if necessary)
- FREE consultations with your team of specialists to review your prescription for 12 months
- The total cost is a once-off fee of R3220
What costs are NOT included in your COMPLETE DIAGNOSIS™ fee?
- Blood tests and brain scans are not included because, not only are they very expensive, but they are almost never necessary. Your neurological examination by Dr Manny Orelowitz will indicate if a brain scan is required - if he says you don’t need one, then you don’t.
- Once we have diagnosed the cause of your pain, we will be able to give you a quotation for non-drug treatment. However, drug-free treatment without the use of medication is not included in your COMPLETE DIAGNOSISTM fee.
How does your COMPLETE DIAGNOSIS™ payment work?
- The COMPLETE DIAGNOSIS™ fee of R3220 must be paid directly to us, and then claimed back from your medical aid.
- Payment can be made with a credit or debit card, cash or a bank-guaranteed cheque.
What about my medical aid?
- The Headache Clinic will only accept medical aid once you have undergone your COMPLETE DIAGNOSIS™ and we know what your problem is.
- After your COMPLETE DIAGNOSIS™ has been completed, your team of specialists will contact your medical aid and find out what they cover, so that you can make informed decisions about your treatment.
- All responsible medical aids will make a contribution towards your COMPLETE DIAGNOSIS™ at The Headache Clinic.
- Unfortunately, The Headache Clinic will not deal with Discovery Health.